1. Do you support the installation of water meters and if yes, who should pay for them?
2. Because Port Hardy has experienced a marked decline in population in recent years should we cut the number of councillors from six to four and why or why not?
3. More than 50 per cent of Port Hardy pool users are from outside the district yet we fund the entire operation. How can we recoup some of the costs?
4. Why should people vote for you?
1. Not for households and small businesses. Yes for large users.
2. I think council should discuss that. I’m not opposed to a smaller council, but I think the committees may have to be cut as a result.
3. I know other areas charge more for non residents, but I’m not sure we should do that here.
Most from outside the district also shop while in town and support local businesses.
Do we want to discourage them? Why are there not more local pool users? If it’s become a regional pool, why not approach the Regional District of Mount Waddington.
4. As a long time resident of Port Hardy, I have been a member or involved in the Royal Canadian Legion, Port Hardy Branch No. 237, founding member of Seven Hills golf course, past president and director of the old-timers hockey and Vancouver Island Regional Library.
I would like to put my energies into our town’s business and do what I can to make Port Hardy a safe, busy and clean town.