Sunday Crafternoons with Kerri Reid at the Port McNeill MakerSpace from 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. Cost $7. Drop in event. A variety of activities to choose from that work for any child’s age and skill set. All ages welcome (must be accompanied by an adult).
Wool-y Wednesday drop-ins at the MakerSpace. 3:30-5:00 p.m. They run the 2nd and last Wednesday of each month. Each time there is a different fiber demo- felting, weaving, knit/crochet, etc. Free coffee/tea with drop-in!
DI Wine Ladies Night (Painted Canvas Tote Bag) at the MakerSpace from 7:00 – P:00 p.m. Tickets available at wwww.pmkidsinmotion.com. Tickets $30 per person.
Magical Fairy Garden Workshop at the MakerSpace! 10:00 – 12:00 p.m. Tickets available at wwww.pmkidsinmotion.com. All ages. Spaces limited to 8. Cost $25.
Island signs paint party. 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Guest host and creative talent Sam McKay from Cumberland who will provide instruction on creating your very own custom Vancouver Island Painted Art on Pine. What a fun date or night out with friends idea! www.pmkidsinmotion.com/tickets.
3 Day Gospel Workshop with Marcus Mosley, Darlene Ketchum and Bill Sample. Registration and Rehearsal starts at Friday April 6 at 6:30 p.m. at the A Frame. For more info call 250-956-3297.
Gate House Theatre Movies:
The Last Jedi. PG-13. 7:00 p.m. Rey develops her newly discovered abilities with the guidance of Luke Skywalker, who is unsettled by the strength of her powers. Meanwhile, the Resistance prepares for battle with the First Order.
Downsizing. Comedy. 7:00 p.m. R. A social satire in which a man realizes he would have a better life if he were to shrink himself to five inches tall, allowing him to live in wealth and splendour.
Comedy Night at the Rock pub featuring Sophie Buddle! Show starts at 8:00 p.m. tickets $20!
Port Hardy Museum has re-opened! Open Wed to Sat from 10:00 am to noon & 1:00 to 5:00 pm.
North Island Cancer Support Group meets every third Thursday of the month at the Hardy Bay Senior Centre from 7:00 to 8:00 pm. Contact Tracy Smyth at 250-902-0670.
Honour Your Health Challenge. 13 week program. Runs twice a week for a 30-60 minute light warm-up and jog routine. Monday and Wednesdays at 4:15 p.m. Contact Stephanie Nelson, Building Blocks Coordinator 250-230-1132.
Market at the Mall from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m at the Thunderbird Mall. Crafters, Pop Up Shops, Home Businesses, and artisans of all kinds! Call 250-949-8623 to reserve a booth.
Body Mind and Spirit Wellness Fair at the North Island Mall. Free Admission! 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Come discover the many different relaxation therapies, healing treatments, health services, and exercise regimens found on the North Island.
The Port Hardy Lions Club is hosting a Garage Sale on April 7 & 8, 2018 at the Port Hardy Civic Centre (7450 Columbia St. Port Hardy). Hours are 9-3 on Saturday and 9-1 on Sunday. Tables are available for rent at a cost of $10/day or 2 tables for $15/day. Please contact Sharon Barton at 250-949-0270
April 13- 15
West Coast Amusements Carnival at the North Island Mall.
Let’s DEW this! (Diet. Exercise. Wellness) Group support from 10 – 11 AM. Meetings held at the Legion and facilitated by the Port Alice Health Centre. Contact Silja RN for more info at 250-284-3555 ext. 4
Meditation Group. Mondays at 1:00 pm. Group will meet at Denise’s Seaview apartment. Spiritual discussions, all beliefs welcome. Phone 1(250)-213-6476 for more information.
Fun and Fitness at the Community Centre! Adult Badminton (New Racquets) Mondays from 7:00 – 9:00 pm. Ping Pong Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Yoga from Monday and Wednesday 6:45 – 8:00 pm. Everyone welcome to join these free activities!
March 23 and 24
The Legion will host the Presidential Dart Tournament. Registration at 7:00 PM, Toe Line at 7:30. Saturday starts at noon so come to the Calm Waters Café for breakfast before your game.
Port Alice Lions Club Annual Easter Egg Hunt at 12:00 p.m. at Seaview Elementary School playground. Free for everyone! Hot dogs and hot chocolate too!
April 21-22 – 18th Doug Innes Memorial Spring Bird Count
Alert Bay Artist Society: Call for art for the April/May “Wild at Heart” show at the ArtLoft Gallery. Drop Off 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Open to interpretation (some ideas: forest, nature, general wilderness, environmental )… paintings, drawing, poetry, sculpture, anything goes! You must be a member of ABAS to take part, $10/year.
Kidsfest. All day event starting with a dual race on the face. After lunch we will have the obstacle course on the bunny hill as well as snow sculptures at the base and face painting in the lodge.
Cypress Cup dual elimination race. This is a single elimination race on the face. It is very spectator friendly and Ski Patrol is hosting a fundraiser BBQ after the race. This is our end of the year send off race, don’t miss out!
Spring break dates: 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26 and final weekend March 30 – April 1. The last day open to the public will be April 7 with mountain cleanup on April 8.
The Mount Cain connector departs from the Port McNeill Pioneer Mall at 7:31 a.m. on a first come, first serve basis.Passengers are encouraged to arrive 5 – 10 minutes prior to departure time to load ski/snowboard equipment into the bus. Passengers transfer from the transit bus to the Mount Cain shuttle bus at the Woss General Store.
Fares (one way): Port McNeill to Woss is $3.75 & $5.00 for the Mount Cain shuttle.
55Plus BC Games in Kimberley/Cranbrook – Sept. 11-15. The Zone 2 darts playdowns are on Sat. Apr. 7th at 9:30 AM in the Rotary Hall, Filberg Centre-Courtenay, please contact the coordinator by April 1st, if you’re able to attend phone Ginny Greene at 250-334-4334. (Zone 2 is Ladysmith to Port Hardy).
Vancouver Island Regional Library Public Service Announcements:
– Mother Goose on the Go!
Drop in with children ages 0 – 7 years for rhymes, crafts and stories at:
· Port McNeill Library, the first Saturday of each month, 11-11:45 am.
· Sointula Library, Wed., Mar. 14 and 28, from 10:15 – 11:15 am.
– St. Paddy’s Day:
· A light-hearted St. Paddy’s week is coming to the Port Alice, Sointula, and Woss Libraries!
· Make a St. Patrick’s Day card, craft, and tell us a yarn about why you’re lucky, from Mar. 13 – 17. All ages, Port Alice branch.
· Make a Pot of Gold on Sat., Mar. 17, 11am – noon, Ages 2 years and up, Sointula branch.
· Hey Kids! Make a Lucky Irish Hat, Mar. 17, 10 am – 2 pm, Woss branch.
– Special Events:
– March 21 at 2pm. Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons!” Puppet Show is coming to the Port Hardy Library. Ages 1 to 12 years. Drop in for the show, followed by a craft!
– Games Night at Sointula Library! Get together for board games from 5:30 – 7:30 pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays from Mar. 1 – 29. Ages 10 years and up.
– Mar. 21, 1 – 3 pm. Ages, 12 years and up. Woolly Whatever, a reason to get together at the Sointula Library. Bring friends and family to learn something, share something, complete something, get help or be inspired. Bring your ideas, projects, books, magazines, articles and/or excess supplies to share. Wool is not compulsory.
– Spring break:
– Woss and Port Hardy Libraries are hosting a Spring Break Scavenger Hunt for children of all ages. Drop in all week from March 20 – 24.
– There’s special Spring Break LEGO® Building Tuesday, March 20 at the Port McNeill Public Library. Starts at 2 pm. Ages 1 – 12 years. Other LEGO dates held regularly too! Call 250-956-3669 for more information.
– It’s a Spring Break LEGO® DAY at the Port Hardy Library: Friday, Mar. 23, from noon – 4:30 pm. Families and kids 3 – 12 years. Drop in. Other LEGO dates held regularly too! Call 250-949-6661 for more information.
– Spring Break Week of Activities are at the Port McNeill library: stories crafts, games, LEGO® building and other activities. Ages 2 – 12 years. Call 250-956-3669 for more information.
– Book Clubs:
Port Hardy Book Club meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday each month, 6:30 pm. Smile, chuckles and light conversation guaranteed! Call 250-949-6661 for more information or Drop in.
The Book Slugs Book Club (BSBC) is meeting at the Sointula Library March 27, 6:30 – 8 pm. Drop in. Adults
Frigon Book Club meets every second Thursday at the Port Alice Library from 6:30 – 8 pm. Next dates: Mar. 8 and 22. Drop in and check out the great smiles, conversation and what they’re reading.