Moving to Port Hardy as a young adult, I was attracted to the abundance of work opportunities from diverse industries. The population was double what it is today.
I have a deep passion for my community and my friends and neighbours within it, and it breaks my heart to see them leaving.
What I hope to bring to the council;
• Respectful communication;
• Educated and informed decision making process;
• Responsible spending;
• Leadership and team-building skills — I am a fourth-year leadership development student. I am in my last year and I want to bring my leadership and team-building skills to the table to work for all of you;
• Accessibility and approachability; and
• Vision and Energy! I plan to continually work towards building Port Hardy and moving Port Hardy in the forward direction that I know you all want it to go.
I have been talking to many Port Hardy citizens and listening to their visions.
Like you, I want local, community-oriented economic development. Working at strengthening OUR economy by promoting OUR jobs within OUR Community. Because we come second to no one!
Our hospital and health care facilities for our families and our seniors are of great concern for me and I know it is for you, too. We must work collectively with First Nations to continue to respect and preserve Port Hardy’s culture and continue to promote tourism.
I am excited to put all of my energy and my skills to work for you as a councillor and I am asking you to hire me — Shelley Siemens on Nov. 15. Let’s get Port Hardy moving forward together!