1. With a nearly full turnover on council, what challenges will you face?
2. The arena has a quarter-million dollar annual operating budget, but realizes only a fraction of that in revenue. What can be done to offset the imbalance?
3. Port Alice is experiencing a dwindling number of families. What can be done to entice more people to move to Port Alice?
4. Why should people vote for you?
1. Having an understanding of municipal structure and financial management, my biggest challenge will be to bring other council members “up to speed” regarding the Village’s jurisdictional responsibilities, and financial position.
2. The imbalance cannot be solely viewed from a financial perspective, as “value for money” must be measured for the social and community value that this facility represents. The arena is to be maintained and protected, as the village would never be able to recreate this facility.
3. Promote, recruit, and mentor small business, as well as diverse industries, ensuring that the prospective put out to the “world” is that Port Alice is open for business; that new ventures will succeed.
4. We need accountability, and leadership to make important choices for our future. The skills of all community members must be appreciated and utilized, bringing many visions to the table. My past success in “public service” in the capacity of municipal services, coupled with my years of owning and operating businesses, equips me with the required skills to provide the stability that will be required sustain our community.