1. Do you support the installation of water meters and if yes, who should pay for them?
2. Because Port Hardy has experienced a marked decline in population in recent years should we cut the number of councillors from six to four and why or why not?
3. More than 50 per cent of Port Hardy pool users are from outside the district yet we fund the entire operation. How can we recoup some of the costs?
4. Why should people vote for you?
1 – 3. I’ve researched the issues in questions 1 to 3 and I find all of the issues to be very interesting ones.
I do however believe these are questions better suited to experienced council members. These are people whose job it has been for at least the past 3 years to consider these things thoroughly and repeatedly. So comparatively my answers would certainly be lacking or ill-informed. But like I mentioned, they are all very interesting issues and I’m thrilled at the prospect of examining them and hundreds of others should I get voted in.
4. I am an artist. Therefore I want to take a creative approach to dealing with the task of being a port hardy councillor. I’ve also got years of varied experience doing everything from construction to film acting. Most relevant though is my experience as an academic. I love to think things through thoroughly and am not swayed just because an idea is popular.
I am young and I’ve got the pulse of my generation and want to represent it in council. One day my generation is going to be tasked with running Canada’s political system and I would like a chance to step up and begin to do my Part.