1. What is the No.1 issue in Port McNeill?
2. Why are you running for Port McNeill council?
3. What, if anything, should be done to bolster Port McNeill’s economy?
4. Why should people vote for you?
1. The number one issue I have heard is the desire for an open and transparent municipal government. We need to have information flow freely and unsolicited to the public on a regular basis.
2. This will be my second term and I believe I bring experience and a strong voice to the council table. I am a task oriented person who likes to see things get done.
3. We cannot have a single focus. We need to support not only our resource-based industries, but also our small business and tourism based businesses. They all serve a function in making a community whole by giving people primary and secondary employment opportunities and residents a place to shop.
4. We need to acknowledge not only who we are and where we have come from, but focus on where we would like to go. I wish to see a community that serves not only the retired and semi-retired people, but also my generation and those after mine. We have projects that need to be completed as well as aging infrastructure, such as the pool, which needs to be brought to the forefront. The solutions to some of our issues will take someone who is willing to think outside the box with the ability to get others to partner together to see them come to fruition. I am that kind of person.