1. What is the No.1 issue in Port McNeill?
2. Why are you running for Port McNeill council?
3. What, if anything, should be done to bolster Port McNeill’s economy?
4. Why should people vote for you?
1. I think the first issue is council and mayor are not listening to the majority or minority of townsfolk, but running the town the way the mayor and council sees fit!
2. Someone needs to keep the town accountable to listen and give consideration to the various people that help volunteer in town and head various organizations. I will advocate for a more resources for people and children in town. We have great people and if we put our efforts toward anything, we can do it.
3. The economy needs to be increased; but it will be slow because of where we are in time and place. We need to deal with the land speculators and vacant lots — as many rural towns have had to across Canada — with some success, I dare say.
4. I like where I live and it has a lot to offer those who choose to call it home as I do, but it could offer so much more! Great communities are not made by the things they have or do not have — they are made by great people who live there and get involved. It is very frustrating when people and committees work hard to forward sound recommendations to council only to have their ideas filed without proper review — silenced and sidelined. I know we can do better than this — I will do better than this. I don’t presume to have all the answers (or any for that matter) but I will strive to do my best, which is all I have ever done in all that I do. I know we can do better than this — I as your elected councillor will do better than this! Most people, me included, don’t want to get involved in politics, but we want to know if we say something it will be heard and considered. I will do this. I don’t presume to have all the answers, or any for that matter, but I will strive to do my best, which is all I have ever done in all that I do.