1. What would you do to resolve the teacher’s job action?
2. What can SD 85 do to keep schools open in the face of potential funding cuts?
3. Is SD 85 undercutting private business by renting out a publicly supported property, Robert Scott elementary school?
4. Why should people vote for you?
1. I would join other trustees to put pressure on the British Columbia Public Schools Employer Association (BCPSEA) to resolve the current teacher’s job action.
2. Lobby the MLA so the provincial government increases funding to public education.
3. Renting out the school offsets the costs and prevents closure of schools. At the same time, there is the potential of private businesses closing and taking school-aged children out of the district which further exacerbates the situation.
4. I am a parent of two elementary school children who is very invested in what happens in SD85. As an active member of PAC and District PAC (DPAC), I am an advocate for public education, but by being a trustee, I will represent the needs of a rural community.
The children in SD85 should have the same educational opportunities as those living in urban areas. However, we might have to work harder to make our voices heard but I am willing to put effort forth until our voices are heard.