Did you know…
WorkBC/North Island Employment (NIEFS) provides information, services, programs and support to help you find — and keep — a job. Trained staff help you find the services you need to start and succeed in your job search. If you need extra help getting started, Employment Centre Case Managers are here for you and will help build your personal employment plan to identify what you’ll need to start looking for work.
In your community, Port Hardy, the WorkBC/NIEFS office has the following resources available to you if you are looking for work:
• A Case Manager on Duty who can give you assistance when you drop in to use our services;
• Five computers with a printer for job-search purposes;
• Free faxing & photocopying for job search;
• Telephone including long distance to help with your job search;
• An in-office job board listing local jobs as well as some not so local & some camp jobs;
• WorkBC & Service Canada job postings;
• Social Service/community brochures and municipal/district newsletters;
• Educational Institutions information & course listings;
• A variety of Workbooks to help you with your job search, to help you make career decisions, consider a variety of work alternatives, explore your skills, knowledge & values, help you build your resume & provides job seekers the basics about finding a job. These are for you to work on and take with you;
• Apprentice & Sponsor Guidebooks — 6 Steps to Success;
• Canadian Forces information;
• Printed articles on job search and career related topics;
• Phone books from Campbell River, Nanaimo, Victoria, Vancouver & the Lower Mainland;
• Other legal and resource guides and publications;
• Information on other funding opportunities; and
• A 110-book resource library. Check back for more info about the library in our next column.
Our Employment Services Centres are here to support you in getting a job as quickly as possible — and keeping it. Here’s how to find us and discover more about our services. We are located in the Thunderbird Mall in Port Hardy and are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please visit our WorkBC Employment Services Centre for information, services & programs to help you start – and succeed – in your job search.
Marne Svennes is team leader for the professional staff of NIEFS in Port Hardy. firstname.lastname@example.org.