PORT HARDY—Glen Day won only one race in the most recent stock car show at Tri-Port Speedway, but maintained his mastery of the feature main and his overall points lead on the season.
He’ll be back this weekend as drivers take to the track again at 1 p.m. Sunday for the final push for season points.
After Daniel Hovey posted the fast time-in and claimed the trophy dash, Brock Shore and Justin Reusch ran to victories in the first two heat races in the Aug. 25 session while Day finished second each time.
But Day prevailed in the 20-lap feature main for his fourth main-event victory in the last five races. Reusch placed second, Hovey third and Shore fourth in a tightly contested race.
The win gave Day top points for the evening with 90. Hovey followed with 84 and Reusch netted 81. Day now has 362 season points, with Reusch staying within shooting distance with 337.
Sunday’s racing begins with time-ins at 1 p.m., followed by heat races. It is the next-to-last event on the 2012 season schedule, with a rain makeup scheduled for later in September.
Aug. 25 results.
Fast time: Daniel Hovey
Trophy Dash: Hovey
1. Brock Shore; 2. Glen Day; 2. Hovey.
1. Justin Reusch; 2. Day; 3. Hovey.
1. Day; 2. Reusch; 3. Hovey; 4. Shore.
1. Day, 90; 2. Hovey, 84; 3. Reusch, 88; 4. Shore, 71; 5. Paul Weeks, 24.
1. Day, 362; 2. Reusch, 337; 3. Hovey, 298; 4. Weeks (#4 car), 219; 5. Robbie Robbins, 129; 6. Ryan Doyle, 100; 7. Shore, 77; 8. Weeks (#44), 58.