CBC recently announced stars of Canada’s top-rated entertainment program, Dragons’ Den, are hitting the road to help struggling companies get back on track by offering their expertise — and their own money.
Producers of the new series, The Big Decision, are searching for Canadian companies to participate in the show, which will give business owners an opportunity to receive no-nonsense advice and an investment from Canada’s most well-known entrepreneurs.
A Dragon will visit each company, roll up their sleeves, and put their expertise to work.
If the Dragons think they can help turn things around, they’ll be willing to invest their own money and change the fortunes of good companies that have fallen on hard times.
Eligible companies must:
• Be a business registered in Canada;
• Have been in operation for at least three years or more;
• Have an annual gross revenue of $500,000 per year;
• Have more than five employees;
• Be a privately held business, family business, partnerships, or limited partnerships;
• Be willing to commit to being filmed on camera for up to a two-week period;
• Be fluent English speakers.
According to the CBC, the benefits of applying include getting a free top-notch business consultation: marketing, sales, inventory, financing, staffing, etc.
Dragons will visit the businesses, so no travel is necessary and it could give a struggling business a chance to get an investment or loan when other sources have been exhausted.
To apply, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please include your name, company name and contact information.
Applications must be in by Aug. 19.